Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive
 

"Losh's big chimley at Walker" - In 1807, the Loshes opened an alkali works at Walker. In 1809 the firm of Losh, Wilson & Bell founded an ironworks at Walker, beside the alkali works. By 1818, George Stephenson's original wooden wagonway at Killingworth was completely relaid with cast-iron edge-rails made in collaboration between Stephenson, who owned the patent, and Losh, Wilson and Bell. Around 1821, George Stephenson was briefly a partner in the Walker Ironworks.
[Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losh,_Wilson_and_Bell]

 

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.