Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive
 
"We call'd at Admiral Collingwood.":- Seemingly the narrator arrived at Manchester Store Street (now Piccadilly) that opened in 1842. The Admiral Collingwood stood on Fleet Street which connected Deansgate with Lower Mosley Street and would have been on the route from Store Street to Knott Mill. Fleet Street was destroyed by the construction of Manchester Central Station in 1875 [[Pubs of Manchester http://pubs-of-manchester.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/admiral-collingwood-fleet-street.html] Manchester Store Street (now Piccadilly) was brought into use in 1842 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield,_Ashton-under-Lyne_and_Manchester_Railway

 

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.