Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive
 

The first train to carry fare-paying passengers left Westland Row railway station on December 17th, 1834.

The carriages were built of iron and wood. Trial runs during the previous weeks had attracted hundreds of curious onlookers. They stood beside the recently constructed stone bridges that carried the newly laid iron rails on raised ground over the little streets at the back of Westland Row station.
[ref: Irish Times 14th December 2014]

 

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.